Friday, October 19, 2012

My Family Health Binder *Update*


Remember back in July when I posted about our family health binder?

I was finally able to make some appointments and actually fill the binder recently! I know-- quite an accomplishment. :)

The business card section is slowly growing.. 

My one doctor did not have business cards. I was so bummed because I really wanted to put it in there! Oh well. 

Now that I'm actively using the binder, I keep a pink post it on the inside front cover. This reminds me who needs what in what month/year. For example, my husband needs a physical in May 2013. 

The "Doc Info" section is filled out for me with names, phone numbers, and addresses of all my doctors. 

And now is time for my public service announcement.. 

Call your parents/family/grandparents and get their medical history!

Seriously. Please. Because I have a horrible family medical history, it's absolutely crucial to know what I'm dealing with.

You can learn so much about your family, and it opens the door for conversations that you should have before it's too late.

Okay? Here is my original post on our Family Health Binder. I encourage you to put this on your to-do list this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment