Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pregnancy Must Haves

As my pregnancy comes to an end (holy crap), I wanted to share some of the items I couldn't live without these past nine-ish months. 

Since my pregnancy "began" in February (that's when I found out), I feel like I was pregnant for all the seasons-- winter, spring, summer, and fall. Kind of stinky but luckily I didn't have to buy any winter clothes. These items will definitely vary depending on what time of year you're pregnant. 

:: Ice pack pillow and several ice packs: Seriously, amazeballs. As most of you know I had sciatic nerve pain for almost half of this pregnancy. This pillow saved me in the beginning. The ice pack that came with this pillow is worth its weight in gold. We also went through several ice packs just to keep me cool-- on my forehead, back, legs, etc. 

Hard to see but there is a pocket in the pillow that holds the ice pack. Amazinggggg. 

:: Camelbak (Or any kind) water bottle: My friend got me this one in purple and I love it! It gets filled up at least 10 times a day and I throw it in the dishwasher at night. It's so important to stay hydrated and with this water bottle, it's super easy. (Pictured below

:: Pregnancy journal: You'll definitely want to keep track of all your funny symptoms, cravings, and pictures! Mine is not perfect by any means, but I managed to keep up with it and I'm sure Baby Boese will appreciate that one day. 

You don't even have to have a "fancy" pregnancy journal-- just a regular journal or notebook will do! 

:: Elastic hair ties/bracelets: These are awesome to have on hand! (These just happen to be the ones I have-- they sell them at Target for much cheaper, I believe). They were perfect to have when I felt lousy in the morning and had to go somewhere at night (or vice versa). I love that they don't leave a crease in your hair. These will definitely be in my hospital bag! 

:: Hand lotion, foot lotion, and yummy smelling body wash: On some of my most tired days, it took everything I had in me to just throw some lotion on. I love all 3 of these products! My friend got me the Philosophy shower gel and it is amazing! Sometimes I think if you take 5 minutes to "pretty" yourself up, you can feel so much better! 


:: Cozy blanket: Sadly I do not have that particular blanket, but I have been ooo'ing an ahh'ing over it for months. Any kind of blanket is wonderful to have. I carry mine around from room to room-- it sits on my lap while I work, goes to the couch, and I sleep with it every night. This blankie will also be in my hospital bag. It is a must have! (Pictured above)

:: 5-pound dumbbells: Since my idea of "working out" has changed significantly over the past few weeks/months, these are pretty must all I do for weight training. I know, pathetic. Squats and arms, people, that's all I do these days. I do walk, I swear. 


What are some of your pregnancy must haves? 

Share them in the comments, Tweet them, or email me (elboese@Yahoo.com). 

No comments:

Post a Comment