Monday, September 2, 2013

Let's Get Clean

So the other day someone asked about our cleaning schedule, how it works, what I do each day, and if my husband helps. 

I wish I could say it's some foolproof plan..it's really nothing fancy. My mom would disapprove, but I clean a little bit each day. This way, by the end of the week, the entire house has been cleaned. Some of my friends dedicate one whole day (typically Sunday) to laundry/cleaning, but that just doesn't work for me. 

Money Saving Mom has these printables available and I keep them in clear plastic sheets on the side of our fridge. 

I reprinted them for the photos. :) 

To answer the other part of your question, sometimes my husband helps. He gets a weekly to-do list and there's always random items on it. Sometimes he'll vacuum for me because I despise vacuuming. That is why I keep him around. :)

Side note: Just got home from Sports Authority and he was cleaning a bathroom. Seriously, amazeballs. 


Mondays are super busy for me, so I made sure to make them a light day. The hardest part was probably deciding what to do on what days. I would finish and realize that I forgot something major like clean the toilets! Duh! 

Oh and my confession-- If something comes up and I'm not able to that day's cleaning, I don't kill myself. It is what it is. It will get done next week. 

You can click once to make the photo bigger.

I'm sure this is coming, but I am a total smell freak. I constantly worry our house smells like dog, so spraying "smelly stuff" is very important. :) 

Yup, we totally only wash our sheets once every two weeks. Judge me.  It's more of a time thing than anything. Sometimes we don't even do laundry every week..with only two people we don't dirty much!


The second sheet is for monthly, every 3 months, and every 6 months cleaning. We don't have too much because 1. We rent and 2. We don't have a yard/garage. I don't have to send my husband gutter cleaning every Saturday, and I think that's pretty awesome. 


Oh and I totally snagged this idea from my MIL-- Keep all your cleaning crap in a container that you can carry around. It makes life so much easier. 

We keep this under our kitchen sink. After taking this photo I decided to go through it and ended up throwing away a few things. I know we're bad.. we don't use "all natural" or organic products. Again, judge me. 

So I hope that answers your question! You can always send your questions to my email-- elboese@Yahoo.com! xO

6 comments:

  1. Nice! You had these laid out & structured. Cleaning would sometimes be such a vast endeavor that you wouldn't know when to start, which areas and corners to work on first. So this is a good save. Don't be too hard on yourselves though, heh. My only advice is: don't hesitate to get additional cleaning service, should things be too daunting.

    Marivel @ Service Master CLR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.
    commercial cleaning services melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. كل هذة الخدمات مقدمة من شركة ركن نجد كذلك خدمات شركة تنظيف بجدة معتمدين علي الكفائة المهنية التي نتشرف بتقديمها لكم عملائنا الكرام وكذلك المعدات والماكينات الحديثة التي تمتلكها الشركة في سعينا الدائم لكي نكون افضل شركة تنظيف بجدة .
    جميع خدمات  شركة ركن نجد شركة تنظيف منازل بجدة مضمونة وتستخدم افضل تقنيات ومعدات التنظيف وكذلك مواد التنظيف المستخدمة لا تتسبب ابدا في اية اضرار للرخام الاسباني او احواض المياه اليطالي والتي اذا تم استخدام الاسيد عليها يتم افسادها وافساد الشكل العام لها وكذلك خدمات التنظيف المميزة تشمل :

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Searching for a cleaning service? At the time when you need to have the Local end of lease cleaning Adelaide service that helps you to get perfect cleaning for your property or home. Doctor clean come with the platform of house cleaning Adelaide with the assistance of all over office cleaning, end of lease cleaning, window cleaning, carpet cleaning and many more cleaning service. Now get yourself for your cleaning environment as to have healthy surrounding.

    ReplyDelete