Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hard Things

I clearly got the "good handwriting gene"

A while back, a blogger I love posted about doing hard things. You can read it here if you want.

Lately, WE DO HARD THINGS has been etched into my brain on a daily basis. 

I was having a conversation with my friend who's boyfriend is on a ship for 6 weeks (Something for his job, he's not in the military). She was totally bummed about it and I've been talking with her almost daily. 

Anyway, I was telling her that we constantly have to do hard things. Life is always challenging us. God is always challenging us. Where would the fun be if we weren't challenged?

:: We do hard things to make other things easy.

:: We do not-so-fun things so other things can be fun.

:: We workout so we can be healthy (or have a nice body).

:: I stopped drinking my favorite drink so I could be healthy (More about that here).

Now those are just some examples. I truthfully cannot come up with anymore examples-- my mind is blank! 

My point? Remember this next time you're struggling:

You don't want to take the easy way out, do you? 

Where's the gratification in that? Where's the fun in that?

Yup, there isn't any. 

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts! I'm in the middle of a season of 'do hard things', because of all these reasons you listed!

    ReplyDelete