Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bumpdate-- 15 Weeks

Hi people! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend-- we certainly are! My husband is of course at work but I'm getting lots done around the house and will leave soon for a walk. Yesterday I did 8 miles and slept like a baby..first time in probably 3 months. Sweet.

How far along? 15W1D

Maternity clothes? Bought some jeans last week. Hate them. Think I will be rocking sun dresses all summer and jammies in my house until this baby makes his/her appearance.


My FIL came to town and I could not be seen in the maternity jeans, so I came up with this get up. Yes I look like I'm going to a night club, but it worked. Also wore this the next day to the doctor. And the following day to the mall. 

I think it's only a matter of time with this outfit, though, because the waistband was digging into my hips. :( I've heard great things about Gap's maternity leggings, so I may be ordering some soon.


Stretch marks? Nope. Haven't used the smelly stuff in a few days, shoot! I made my husband inspect and he confirmed-- nothing yet. Apparently stretch marks are hereditary..don't think my mom had any so we'll see!

 
Sleep: Sleep is improving! Getting up to pee around 3-4 every morning but not so bad. Also put on our "summer" quilt earlier so I should sleep great tonight. (You know I won't now that I said that).


This is what I carry around on a typical day..no wonder I pee so darn much!

Best moment this week: Going to the doctor and hearing baby B on the doppler (152 BPM), eating Chipotle after, and scheduling our anatomy scan for 18 weeks. 



Ran some errands and picked up a 15 pound bag of dog food. My husband wouldn't let me carry it because he was afraid I was suffocating our child....I then asked him what he thought moms do when they are pregnant and have a little one to carry around. Stumped him! 


Miss Anything? Unlimited Diet Cokes, lunch meat, hot baths, and hot dogs. 


Movement: Pretty sure I have been feeling movement a little bit each day, but it could be my tummy growling. 


Food cravings: Yogurt/granola parfait, Chipotle, hamburger with fries, and a grilled cheese.


Anything making you queasy or sick: Popcorn, chicken, cinnamon rolls, and chlorine (there is a pool where I walk). When our oven is on it smells awful and makes me gag. :(


Have you started to show yet: Just fat, I think!


Gender: I say boy, find out at 18 weeks.


Labor Signs: Oh Lord no. But I did read that going up/down stairs skipping steps can kick start labor. I have officially stopped skipping steps!


Belly Button in or out? In, but my husband said it is "inverting". He likes to use big words. ;)


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody when I'm feeling fat so you could say I'm moody 24/7. Kidding.


Looking forward to: Finding out the gender. I was keeping track of everyone's votes, but it is getting out of hand now.

 Lots of you emailed asking me what the psychic said and she said boy (a fussy boy who is clingy to mama). She also said baby will love to be worn. Can't wait! Yes I know it is sort of a joke but it was fun to be "read". 

Enjoy your Sunday people!

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute. Enjoy these prego moments. I already miss them! I laughed about the oven comment. Hubby made brisket in our oven overnight once. I woke up the next morning, walked in the kitchen and had to run out it made me so sick! It's interesting what our body does during pregnancy! Can't wait to read more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! Because #bloggingfriends have girls. I'd be excited for you to break the streak though!

    ReplyDelete