Saturday, May 18, 2013

We're Moving!

You guys have asked a million times and I apologize for not keeping you in the loop better! Last weekend I mentioned we finally have some moving plans and I can officially say-- we are moving July 1st!

Don't get too excited, though, we're only moving two apartments over. :-) Yup, just down the hall..LOL!

There were so many options that it makes my brain fuzzy thinking about it-- cancel our lease and rent a big house and be settled before Baby B arrives, move in the middle of September and hope we get ready for Baby B in time, extend our lease and stay, blah blah blah.

I know this is coming: No, buying was not an option! We have only lived in this area for a year and we have no idea where in God's name we would live. Not to mention how pricey it is to live in DC.


Right now we are in an 1150 square foot apartment, and this one will be 1388. We are pretty excited about that fact! 

We knew we wanted an additional bedroom for Baby B and I need my office for work. No questions asked.

And hello? We now have 2 full bathrooms. You don't know what it's like having people here who all have to shower, pee, blow dry their hair, etc. Right now our office/guest room doesn't even have a mirror!

While it will be extremely pricey, we are blessed to have found the perfect place that is so close. I get to keep my dog walking business, my husband has a 10 minute commute to work, and we're in a safe area that has lots of shopping near by. (Ahem, I can literally picture me and Baby B taking our first trip to Target).

This picture confuses me to no end.

Secretly I think my husband is more excited about this move than I am. I was itching to go to another place, but it was just too far for him to commute to work. He keeps saying how happy he is to be staying. 

Some things I'm excited about? Let's see:

:: Having a (very small) entryway. Right now we have this teeny tiny basket for shoes and a random thing that holds the dog leashes. I would love something that can hold the leashes, key, shoes, purses, etc. and look nice. I don't think a bench is necessary, but something in a dark wood with shelves maybe? 

:: Bigger kitchen. I can do dishes and another person can actually open the oven at the same time. Enough said.

:: Larger living area. Right now when people come over I always end up sitting on the floor. My husband is dying for a sectional couch and I want a cozy chair that looks nice (not college dorm-y). Maybe a chase lounge? We'll see. 

:: Ceiling fans! Seriously, this apartment has 3. I still remember our first night here we were so hot in the middle of June with no fans. We went out the next day and bought 2. Best. Purchase. Ever. 

:: Giant floor to ceiling window in the living room. We won't have a porch anymore, and instead we'll have a giant window in the living room. I think the dogs will just sit by the window and look out all day. 

That's all I can think of right now. Most importantly, we're just so excited to be moving to the place we'll bring our baby back to

Enjoy your Saturday, people! xO

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete