Monday, January 7, 2013

Goodbye Christmas

Christmas is officially over. Most people are back to work and daily life craziness..I don't know about everyone else but I was ready to start 2013 and get organized for the new year. Anyone else feel that way?

Saturday morning I took everything down with some help from my husband. He took lots of "breaks" and I would find him on the computer, so I tried not to nag. :) Luckily it only took about 2 or 3 hours and the house was clean.

Bad news is we discovered our vacuum is not doing so well. Seems like we buy a new vacuum every year and I wish we would splurge on my dream vacuum. Who knows.

In other bad news our house is super bare. But clean.



Told you it was bare. Like my $4 banner? It's from Target. I snuck that bad boy in the cart when my husband was ooohing and ahhhing over some candy. 

Now almost every fiber of me wants to run out and get stuff from Pier 1 or Etsy (Like I did for fall) to fill the gigantic-ly large space where our peace lily is and our mantel, but I'm not. I'm holding back, and I'm okay with it. 

I need to constantly remind myself, but I'm content with what I have. I don't need anything and if I find something I absolutely love, I'll think about getting it. But for now? It's not necessary. I'm definitely not going to buy something just to buy it. 


And while taking the Christmas stuff off our mantel I noticed that the plant I had up there (picture of the plant at the bottom of this post) must have leaked, things have scratched the mantel, etc. We already were told we'd have to pay for a ding in our door..fabulous. Hopefully they will just let us paint over it. 

Maybe this means I should buy more crap for our mantel?


I couldn't part with the cards just yet. . it's on my weekly goals to take them down. We'll see about that. :)

Love those coffee cups. 


Umm, so I'm a little embarrassed about the dining room table. I'm not one of those people who can dress up a dining room table very well, as you can see. I would like to get some candy hearts and fill the jar, but that's the extent of this area. 

Oh! We did put the pink candles from our wedding shower gift in the candlesticks for our 1st married Valentine's Day. Kind of excited! 

But even bigger news? All the Christmas decorations fit perfectly in our office closet


How, you ask?

Timberrrrrr

Ahem. Not even sure who's idea this was, but we moved a few things around and I'm very pleased with it!

My husband has turned the closet into his locker room..awesome.

My favorite spot. 

So it's by no means perfect but it is 100% better than what it was (in my opinion). 

Just thankful it's done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment