Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mantel Is Finished!

Last weekend I posted about our beautiful mantel..Ha! I am so embarrassed that that is what our mantel has looked like for quite some time.

Well, today that all changed! I got some goodies in the mail today to complete my "look".


As you can see I kept my little pumpkins & lanterns on there (you can see more about them and how much they cost here). 


I feel like they really complete the look, don't you? I'm not sure if I talked about the chalkboard, but that is also a Target find. It was $2.50. Of course I had to buy it. 


If you couldn't tell from the first picture, the wreath has a little "B" on it. I just love it. I was not thrilled when it came off during shipping and I had to hot glue it myself, but I'll save that for later in the post. 


I got the wreath, 3 frames (same size), and banner all from this shop on Etsy. It was a little pricey but I really wanted it and I know I'll use it for many years. They were wonderful to work with and I definitely recommend them if you are looking for some cute fall decorations! I was a little bummed the "B" came off my wreath-- It was not easy to hot glue that back on! It kept falling off a zillion times. 

My only "thing" would be that everything was a bit smaller than I was expecting. I am very glad I had those few nik-nacks from Target because they definitely completed the look. It would have been too barren without the lantern, pumpkins, and chalkboard. 

And I'm sure you're just dying to know, but I finally hung my other chalkboard on the wall! 

More on how to make one of these can be found here.

It's hard to tell from this photo, but the wall juts out just a bit for some reason. The walls are so barren that I thought this would liven the place up. It's actually centered in the middle of the part that sticks out. Guess it's hard to tell!

xO

No comments:

Post a Comment