Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Nursery Progress (Or lack thereof)

So now that we've officially moved, it's time to get ready for this baby. That is why we moved...so we'd have room for her! 

Lucky little girl gets her own nursery, but it is pretty tiny. Good thing she'll be pretty tiny for a while! :)

Our changing table is from Target. Cannot find a direct link for it, sorry.

We have a changing pad so we just need the cover. Probably going to wait until her bedding arrives so I can see what I want. We also registered for these changing pad liners so we don't ruin a cute pad cover. 

                           

Right now I'm envisioning all the diaper essentials in baskets in those cubbies-- wipes, dipes, cream, whatever. 

The nursery gets a ton of light, so we'll definitely need to find some curtains for both of the giant windows. Luckily my FIL hung the curtain rods so all we need to do is find curtains and plop them up there! 

I'm going to wait on picking out curtains until we have her crib and bedding-- this way we'll see if we need a pop of color or stick with a neutral. 


All her fluff was shoved in the bookcase (more on that back here) so I decided to throw her dipes in the changing table drawers. At least this way I don't have to worry the dogs are going to get into them! They still have to be stripped, prepped, and stuffed, but at least they are out of the way (for now). 

Like that giraffe? The giraffe theme is really sticking. Someone sent that after they found out about Henry!

Right now the bookcase is holding random items people have sent that I'm not quite sure what to do with. I think we'll put the few stuffed animals (Raggedy Anne/Andy, giraffes, etc) on some shelves, the humidifier on a night stand, and the blanket draped on a rocker. 

Still not sure what I'm going to do with her headbands.. any ideas? Either an apothecary jar or something like this


The clothes just sit on the floor. How awesome is that? I have no idea what we'll be doing for clothing storage because we don't have much room! 

I'm not a fan of those "cube unit" things, but I think that's about all we can do. 


If you have some suggestions, please let me know! No, we don't have a closet in the nursery. Boo. :(


And of course Henry! I am envisioning lots of shelves filled with books and picture frames above his head. We have some black Ikea shelves that I'm sure I'll end up painting white.  

My husband is obsessed with these growth charts, so I'm sure we'll have one stuffed in a corner somewhere in here. He wants to prop our baby girl up on one the moment we get her home!

And while I'm linking to Etsy, I'm totally head over heels in love with these pom poms.


They are so much cuter than a mobile and so super easy to make! I will definitely be making at least 200 of these to throw up over her crib. 

So far, that is all we have planned. I cannot wait to post more as we fill up her nursery! Thanks for all the love, people! xO

No comments:

Post a Comment