Friday, August 9, 2013

Apartment Favorites (Tour)

Many of you have been asking for pictures of our new place. To me the house looks the same, but here are some pictures anyway.

These are some of my favorite things around the house..Enjoy!

An "entryway". Enough said. 

I cannot tell you how much I love our little entryway! The table was actually in our bedroom before (back here), but it worked out better here. It's so nice to have a place for all our crap

Totally obsessed with the Target chalkboard basket (we have another one in our room) for umbrellas, guests' shoes, my husband's work stuff, whatever.

Why yes there is a picture of my grandparents in our bathroom. 

My husband thinks it's totally weird we have pictures in the bathroom. I'm not really sure how it happened. It was more of a "if we don't put these pictures somewhere, they will gather dust in a closet" situation. So my grandparents are hanging out in the bathroom. Sweet. 

Love this in the hall leading to our room.

I got free 11x17 (I think that's what size they are?) photos from Shutterfly using My Coke Rewards. I knew if I didn't get frames and get it up ASAP, it wouldn't be done. 

To the left of the pictures is my husband's very own closet. He can keep all his work stuff in it and it's out of the way! Remember before it was in the office closet?

Obviously I love not having to share my closet. 

Across from that, I have my very own closet too. :) Woo hoo! It's awesome when I'm having a "nothing fits" moment and I can just throw the stuff on the ground and shut the door. 

Any ideas for above the fireplace?

And of course the dogs are obsessed with our gigantic window. You can't see it but there is a bed so they can sit and look out. They love it!

At night if our lights are on, people can see in. My FIL put the curtain rod up and now we just need to find curtains. Suggest a place to get them for a reasonable price? I'd rather not spend $400 on a place we rent! (That's what Bed, Bath, and Beyond had). 


Not sure if I posted about it but my husband got me that giant map for our 1 year anniversary. It is awesome for dinner conversation and I just love it. I've always wanted a map to mark where we've been, where we've lived, family lives, etc. We can't wait to show our little gal where her family lives and talk about it! 

And the dining room is also where my husband has "set up shop". 


Seriously, having a second bathroom has been nothing short of amazing. And we also have a huge linen closet in that bathroom-- it's just perfect! It was so nice when people were here! 

The door on the left leads to the office, and the door on the right is the linen closet. Completely stuffed with pillows, blankets, towels, and the like. 


My office/guest room is kind of a weird shape. Just like before, there is a big walk in closet that is perfect for all our stuff

The dogs love sitting on the bench (very bottom, under the window) and looking out the window. We call it their "perch" and they sit there all day while I work. 


And my least favorite part of the house, ugh. Honestly, we are not hoarders (I swear)! I don't know what the deal is. 

The walk in closet is also weirdly shaped and is housing my scrapbooking stuff, Christmas stuff, and my husband's tools. 


This guy holds random work stuff (and obviously a basketball, LOL). You guys know I'm not a huge fan of the cube units (they look so dorm-y to me), but it's all that could work. Plus, we can shut the door to the closet and I don't have to see it. 

Have any suggestions for reorganizing this bad boy? My nesting instincts are telling me to throw everything away and use it as a closet for Baby B. Please don't let me do that

That's it! I'll try to take more photos as we get more settled, and of course nursery pictures will be coming soon! xO

No comments:

Post a Comment