Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Happenings

It's already Monday, boo. The good news is that it's a beautiful day out-- blue sky and 64 degrees. I am so excited to take the dogs out and be outside.

The bad news is my husband is not feeling well. Poor guy. I honestly think it's just allergies but he is totally milking this (as his mom would say).. still in bed and I just brought him a kit kat bar.

Let's see, Friday (I count Friday as a weekend) Cocoa had her little boyfriend over for a play date.

Alien eyes

By "play date" I mean Cocoa sat on the top of the couch and Oreo chased her boyfriend around our 1,300 square foot apartment. 


I wore this bracelet for the first time and I love it! I'm a big believer that if you dress cute during the day, you can change your whole perspective on the day. And at 7 1/2 months pregnant, dressing "cute" is not what you're imagining. 


While my husband was at work on Saturday afternoon, Oreo learned how to sit like a big boy (ahem, at 4 years old). The picture on the left is how he always used to sit (on his booty), and the picture on the right is as good as it gets. 

He only sits like he should for cheerios. So basically he never sits like a big boy. But hey, we're working on it. 

Saturday afternoon looked something like this.

A couple weeks ago I caught an episode of Dance Moms and I fell in love, hard. And when my extreme pregnancy exhaustion strikes at 2PM? This is my view. 

I totally recommend Dance Moms, by the way. I definitely don't recommend letting the dogs sit near your belly because they will jump on it when they hear a noise. Sigh. 

Two calls to the Dr and 20 minutes on hold later, BG is totally content by the way. 

Yeah, I can rock 3AM like nobody's business. 

Guess that's what happens when you sleep for 2-3 hours while watching Dance Moms..you're up all night ready to party. 

Little Oreo was also ready to party. We watched infomercials, returned emails, Tweeted, and ready my October 2013 moms board. 


Last week was World Breastfeeding Week. While I'm not currently bf'ing I thought it was a perfect time to finish this book

I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends who not only recommend this book, but have given me so much information and courage to feed my baby girl! 


Our cube unit (more on that back here) arrived Saturday afternoon, so Sunday morning my husband got straight to work. He's such a good dad to be! 

The other giant box is her crib. He should be working on that today, but we'll see how he's feeling. The room is starting to take shape and while it's no Pottery Barn, it is functional. 

With that being said, there is no way this little "cubeical" is going to hold all her crap. 


And we discovered last night that I got paint on my husband's favorite Syracuse shirt. Oops. :( He was so sad. Luckily our baby shower is in Syracuse so I'm hoping I'll be able to sneak away and pick him up a new one. 


And last but not least, my 29 week belly! To be honest I just feel round all over..not any bigger or anything. My husband says it's the shirt. This was taken yesterday-- 29W1D. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! xO

No comments:

Post a Comment