Friday, August 10, 2012

New Smoothie Trick!

A few weeks ago I posted my Chocolate Banana Spinach Smoothie recipe. It's absolutely delicious and Nathan enjoys it almost it everyday! 

But, I'm not a chocolate person. I needed a fun way to add some flavor to my smoothies without being hugely caloric (Cough cough peanut butter) or expensive. 

Enter strawberry fruit bars. They are perfect!


I prepared my smoothie as I normally do-- milk, spinach, frozen strawberries, frozen bananas-- then I added in the fruit bars. Yes, I took them off the stick.


It was so delicious. The bars added just enough flavor and at 80 calories, I feel OK about adding that to my smoothie! 

Oh-- I used our Organic Skim Milk (Click here to read more on our organic journey) and couldn't taste a difference. :) Looks like we'll be buying that from now on

Enjoy! xO

No comments:

Post a Comment