Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sister Visit

My sister came and visited for Labor Day weekend. We had a blast doing all the touristy things because she had never been to DC before. Here are some pictures from her visit.

We had a behind the scenes tour of the Capitol Building. It's such a beauty inside and out!



She's cute but she's not single. :)

We took a boat ride on the Potomac River to Georgetown. This is my favorite thing to do when people visit! Granted, I've only done it twice but it's super fun. You can watch the planes take off and land right at Washington National. 



We were on the boat the same night as that "blue moon". I'm not sure where the name Blue Moon came from, but it does look really nice! That "neighborhood" is actually an air force base.



Once we got to Georgetown we stopped at Georgetown Cupcake. I'm sure you've seen them on TV-- two sisters own a cupcake shop. Tasty!




We got stuck in the rain on our way to the White House. 

Gosh, he's handsome.. but crazy! 

I guess you could say there is a "story" behind the sign at Arlington National Cemetery. We went to the cemetery when we first moved and I just didn't get it. No jogging? Are the security officers going to come up to someone and say, "Sir, please slow down to a speed walk please". Then we realized! They don't want joggers coming in and just working out. Ah ha! 


We had lots of fun! Tomorrow I'm going to post about our little "off road-ing" we did. It's quite exciting. 

Nighty night! xO

No comments:

Post a Comment