Saturday, December 22, 2012

We Need to Do Things

A few days ago my husband and I were walking at a cute little shopping area and came across this store called Sur La Table. (It's basically like a Crate & Barrel or Williams-Sonoma.)

We were alone and we weren't in a rush so we spent maybe a half hour in there just "oohing" and "ahhing" over every little thing. It was so much fun!

PS-- These were some of my favorites:



My husband loved these pepper mills.

Honestly, there was a ton of fun stuff that we were in love with. So anyways, right before we left, we came upon one of my favorite, favorite items..

Yup, a pasta machine. 

We actually already have one but it reminded me of my childhood.

My parents would make homemade pasta together while I sat in my pumpkin seat (Google it) and watched. Sometimes I would get to sneak a taste by my Papi. It was fun. They had fun.

Years later my dad and stepmom used to make pasta. I did not sit in a pumpkin seat but instead helped out and it was lots of fun. And yummy!

So my point in this whole rambling?

Everyone took the time to do things. Even though it was messy, even though it took hours, even though the machines are pricey, even though it takes longer to clean the machine then it does to enjoy the pasta, they took the time to do it together.

We don't do that.

Don't get me wrong, we do little things. We take long walks, we hold hands, we make cinnamon rolls...

But we need to take the time for things.

New Years Resolution? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment